Thursday, November 3, 2011

A wonderful day

So having a baby can be really hard.  There are days when I'm just exhausted, and I can't seem to get him down for a nap.  Or many many car trips where JC is just having none of the car and is freaking out in the backseat and I'm helplessly stuck driving, not being able to comfort him (and this always occurs when I'm stuck in traffic and there's no way to get home quickly).

But then there are days like today.  It was just a great day from the start.  JC slept from 7:30pm to 5am straight, and then I took him into bed with me for a feed/nap/cuddle until 8am.  Then we just hung out feeding and cuddling, and he actually allowed himself to fall asleep for a morning nap in his playpen, giving me the chance to plan out a few meals that I could make and freeze, and create a grocery list.  We then did the grocery shopping and ran another errand, and JC was happy the whole time: in the car, riding around in the grocery cart, in other stores.  He was a total dreamboat!  Plus, I recently put up a mirror so that I could see him, and this allowed us to trade smiles the whole trip.  When we got back, JC was in a great mood for the rest of the afternoon and I was able to make three of the meals in between feeds (my husband was home and could hold him while I cooked).  To top it all off, we got JC to sleep at 6:30 (an hour early), and I have my fingers crossed that he'll sleep till 5am again (should do, according to the Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child book I've been reading).  It was just such a positive day, and, although I know there will be tougher days in the future, I just wanted to mark down today in writing so that I can remember that these days do happen and they're such a delight when they do.  I wish you all happy days with your babies too!

No comments:

Post a Comment