Sunday, November 13, 2011

Growing

We had another lovely day yesterday.  Friends of ours came over in the early morning with their two beautiful daughters (ages 4 and 18 mths), and then we visited our cousins who have a darling 6 year old girl and rambunctious 4 year old boy, and I found myself getting excited picturing what JC will be like as he grows.  He's already so easy going and can now happily sit in his swing and entertain himself by watching us, whereas not too long ago he wanted to be held all the time.  I can only imagine how great it will be when he can play with toys, crawl, walk, or talk!  And to think that it really won't be all that long until he starts doing these things (God willing).  I know that I already miss how his babyness is disappearing, but at the same time, I think I love each new phase even mire than the last!  I've heard that things just keep getting better and better (well at least until the teenage years) and that certainly seems to ring true so far.  Right now I'm watching him sleep in my arms, and it hurts my heart to think that there will come a time when he's too big for me to do this. But then I think that at that time he'll be able to hug me and tell me he loves me back and that will make growing all worth it!  For now though, in going to snuggle into him and enjoy these wonderful moments with my little angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment